Who We Are
The GMPG Retiree Club was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 2009. The purpose of the club is to provide a social environment for retirees of the General Motors Milford Proving Ground. The club is open to Division and Staff retirees and to employees that are nearing retirement.
The Board of Directors has adopted a liberal membership policy to allow other GM retirees to join. The membership dues of $20.00 for two years have provided a cash balance in the club’s bank account. The Board has a policy of keeping operating costs at a minimum by requiring all events to pay for themselves. As a result, for the foreseeable time, the club will not assess current members a fee to renew their annual membership.
The GMPG Retiree Club has over 200 members. We are strengthening the organization and plan on providing more activities this year and in the future. Some of the events that were sponsored last year are:
- Tour of the Lingenfelter Car Collection in Brighton
- Participated in the Milford Proving Ground Classic Car Show
- Golf and Lunch Outing
- Annual Club Members Business Meeting and Luncheon
- GM Heritage Center Historic Vehicle and Micro Brewery Tours
- PG History Project (an on-going project with the Proving Ground to document PG History)
The 2017 GMPG Retiree Club Officers and Board of Directors
- James Lafferty – President
- Ed Repik – Vice President
- Jon McLeod – Secretary
- Richard Krueger – Treasurer
- Bill Hickcock
- Bill Langhorst
- Mike McDermit
- Frank Sonye
Board meetings are scheduled throughout the year. Members are encouraged to attend these meetings to provide input to the board members. Please contact the club to let us know that you are interested in attending a meeting. The meeting dates are:
- October 31, 2017
The Milford Proving Ground Retiree Club Bylaws and our meeting minutes can be viewed and printed by “clicking” on the links below.